Ronald Rolheiser — 78 pgs.
Publisher: Franciscan Media
Prayer: Our Deepest Longing
The book is divided into five sections.
- Why Pray? Illustrates the purposes and benefits of prayer for ourselves, as well as for the broader Catholic community and even the world.
- Why Is It so Hard? Notes how our contemporary culture conspires against taking time out for solitude and prayer, and how our own ego—with its fears, restlessness, and narcissism—can work against developing a deeper relationship with God through prayer.
- What Is Prayer? Outlines the two basic types of prayer, that is, affective (personal) and priestly (for the world). Describes the many ways or methods for each type of prayer, such as meditation, contemplation, the divine office, the Mass, and Scripture.
- Sticking with It. This section covers the development of mature prayer, discussing ways to pray in times of boredom, disillusionment, crisis, helplessness, or after a loved one’s death.
- Mysticism. Here we learn about this increasingly popular form of intimate relationship with God.
Stock # B36657 (9781616366575)
Praise God and Thank Him: Biblical Keys for a Joyful Life Digital Audio Download
Prayer in the Catholic Tradition: A Handbook of Practical Approaches